Drinking water looks simple but when, how, where, why are the questions which only a few know the answer. Each and every cell of our body needs water for proper functioning. Our overall body contains 70% of water and brains contains 90% water. If the body is hydrated well, then he can be more active and can do a lot of physical exercise without fatigue. It has a lot of health benefits which is beyond imagination and you will only feel when you adopted the practice of drink water at regular intervals.
Consumption of water depends on age, sex, weight, and activity. Men need more water to compare to women of same age and weight. You lose water from your body through perspiration and lot through your feet alone. And our body maintained the body temperature through sweating.
12 Health Benefits of drinking water:-
- Weight loss – Water does not contain any calorie, fat or sugar. So when you drink, you feel yourself full without taking calories. It stimulates the metabolism. So whatever you eat is consumed by your body well and keep the weight in range. It also helps to remove the fat by-products from your body and acts as naturally suppress the appetite. Everybody on the earth wants to maintain the weight and now today you get the trick. So be stick to it.
- Cleansing – It removes the extra toxins present in the body through urination thus keeps clean the kidney and urinary tract. Hence it detoxifies the body parts like liver, lung, and kidneys. When you do physical activity you sweat out and you need to drink a lot of water to replenish the water in your body. This helps to remove all the toxins through sweat and inner cleansing by water later on and remove through urination.
- Digestion – Drinking lot of water breaks down the food and thus body easily absorbs the nutrients. This prevents constipation and cleans the tract in the body, hence good digestion.
- Improves skin glow – Now you know that a lot of water is present in our body and absence of it makes a log of negative impact on our skin alone. Water keeps well hydrated to each part of the body and thus moisturizes the skin. In the absence of water or dehydration skin gets dry and tight which leads to wrinkles on the skin.
- Maintain pH level – It keeps the level of pH in the body under check. It removes the extra acid from our body and moves the body towards the alkaline. The acidic body is more prone to diseases and hence safeguard from chronic diseases like cancer, blood pressure etc.
- Improves Immune System – The person who drinks a lot of water is less prone to sickness compare to a person who drinks less water. It fights against cold, flu and one of the best remedy to stay away from these diseases in the rainy season. If the person suffering from these diseases, then it is recommended that drink a lot of water flush out the bacterial infection. Water is a carrier of blood and provides the required amount to all parts of the body.
- Cures Headache – Dehydration causes headaches. Drinking water is the best remedy to cure a headache. It starts if the body is deficient in water.
- Energy to Brain – It provides energy to the brain and hence increases the brain power. The brain contains 73% of water which helps us to focus, alertness and concentration. So avoid drinking the cup of coffee or tea and drink water instead. On the other hand, dehydration leads to loss of memory, bad mood, pain in the body, and thinking behavior.
- Prevents joint pain – Water keeps all the body part hydrated hence bones and muscles also get enough lubrication for movement. Joints and bones bear the pressure and hence no pain.
- Regulate Body temperature – Everybody knows that sweating is very essential to our body as it is a natural cooling system. Water is required for proper functioning of the body sweating system. So keep gulping water throughout the day.
- Bad Breathe – Bad breathe is one of the signs of dehydration. So drink enough water to avoid dehydration and wash away leftover food particles from your mouth.
- Helpful during hangover – Consumption of alcohol leads to dehydration which causes a hangover. So next time when you drink alcohol drink a glass of water with each alcohol glass and definitely you will get the good result and memories.
How much is drinking water sufficient?
Researchers and doctors suggest that 8-9 glasses of water in a day is sufficient. This equals to the 2 liters of water. Our body keeps losing water throughout the day through sweat or urine so we want to replenish the water.
What is the best time for drinking water?
- When you get in the morning and get a refreshing mood.
- Drink water at least 30 minutes before a meal.
- It is advisable to drink water before taking the bath and not after a bath.
- Generally, drink a lot of water during daytime
- Drink less water then evening otherwise, your sleep gets disturbed to wake up for the pee.
- Always recommend sipping a glass of water before 30 minutes of sleep. This is very helpful for sound sleep.
- Carry your water bottle wherever you go, so that you hydrate yourself from time to time.
Avoid these things
- Avoid drinking water in the cups and carry your water bottle or own mug.
- Avoid drinking hot water as it can lead to cancer.
- Do not drink a lot of water immediately after physical exercise. Give your body to cool down for some time or at least for 15 minutes then drink.
I hope you get everything captured in your mind. So what are you waiting for? Make a schedule and start following it right away, if you are not already following. Maybe this newly adopted habit can lead to a lot of trips to the washroom but you will definitely feel healthier and happier.
Conclusion – Water is very cheap compared to other sugary drinks and canned juices. First drinking water has so many health benefits compare to them and second water is cheaper in price compare to canned juices. And when your overall body responds well, then you feel happy and better.