Your body constantly fights against the attack of any diseases and free radicals. In simple language, free radicals are harmful to our body by unstable the healthy cells. If these free radicals go unnoticed in the body can bring a lot of damage. we should treat this on time. Here come our saviors in the form of antioxidants. You get free radicals from stressful working environment, pollution, chemicals and generate via metabolism.
Sources of Antioxidant
- Vitamin A – Add this vitamin in your diet daily to get the proper amount of antioxidant. Foods like carrot, squash, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, apricot etc.
- Vitamin C – This is wonderful Vitamin to provide antioxidant to our body. citrus fruits, tomatoes, strawberries contain a lot of antioxidants and boost the immunity. This is a water-soluble vitamin.
- Vitamin E – We can get this vitamin from any food that contains natural oil like nuts, coconut, avocados etc. This is a fat-soluble vitamin. It also helps the body against the hardening of the arteries from bad cholesterol or LDL.
- Flavonoids – This is dark antioxidant found in pomegranates, cranberries, soy etc.
- Selenium – This mineral is found abundantly in eggs, fish, milk, garlic, onion etc. This helps in the normal function of your thyroid gland
- Omega 3 and 6 – These fatty acids are helpful in protection of diseases related with heart. You can get Omega 3 from Salmon, tuna, walnuts and Omega 6 from vegetable oils, nuts, and poultry.
- Enzymes – These are made up of amino acids. You should eat the best protein sources to provide the essential amino acids in the body.
Harmful effects of Free Radicals
A lot of health problem arises due to the formation of free radicals in our body.
BEWARE – Too much eating of antioxidants is not good for the body.Presence of extra antioxidant is the birth place of deadly diseases like cancer,