Most people do jobs and spent most of the hours in sitting position in office. Exercises in office are very rare. Our current lifestyle is responsible for diabetes, blood pressure and heart diseases. And sitting in office fuels up this thing. If you are still sitting and reading this article, please stop it, I mean stop sitting but standup and the finish up reading this article. I hope you get my point right. And the presence of internet make this situation worse as when a person left the office, it then spend time on Facebook or Twitter or some other social media sites.
Research shows that when you spent most of the time in sitting and not doing any exercise in office then most likely you end up putting a lot of weight depending on food habits and any other physical activity. Make yourself active.
Besides inactivity most of us sitting in an incorrect posture which leads up to the back, neck or shoulder pain.
You can do following stretching exercises in office:
- Yoga – You can learn some beginners yoga poses.But make sure you should get training under instructor first.
- Use stairs – While moving from 1 floor to another use stairs instead of escalator.This is very beneficial for your heart health.
- Walk while commute – If you commute by public transport then get down before 2-3 stops then your main stops so that you walk some extra steps. At least do in the evening.This will keep your weight under control.
- Walk break – Make sure that you take the break specifically for the walk before lunch or after lunch.This ward off the depression.
- Shoulder Exercise – You can rotate the shoulder clockwise and anticlockwise. You can do this for 5-10 sec and repeat 2-3 times.
- Neck Movement – Rotate the neck clockwise and anticlockwise for at least 5-10 sec. You can repeat the movement for not more than 5 times. Make sure do not close the eye while making the move.
- Head Up-Down – Move the head up and down and then on the side left and right. You can do this movement for 5-10 sec and repeat 3 times.
- Bend from waist – Make a movement towards left and right from the waist level. You can do this while sitting or standing. But do it in the slow pace and not fast otherwise you can hurt yourself. Repeat 3 times to get the maximum benefit.
- Leg up & down – Sit on a chair and pull your left leg up and then move down, Repeat same from your right leg. Do these repetitions for 10 times.
- Bend up and down – Sit on a chair and move down from waist level, then come back to straight position. Repeat this for 10 times.
- Stretch Yourself – Stand straight and keep your both palms together and stretch towards the ceiling as high as possible. Remain in the same position and count 5 and then come back to normal position and relax. Repeat this for 3-5 times
- Park Farther – When you go office by car, park it farther from the lift, so that you walk some extra steps.
Takeaway:– Now you have a lot of tips to keep yourself healthy and decrease your waistline by doing exercises in office.Make a daily plan and stick to that plan. Get up from your desk at least in an hour or two and do some walking. This is not the 100% thing that will work wonders for your body but it at least reduces the bad effects of sitting. Are you still sitting? Keep moving guys and bring back some healthiness in your life.