We can call person is suffering from diabetes when numbers are below 70mg/dl or greater than 99 mg/dl. These numbers indicate low diabetes and high diabetes respectively. There are some superfoods to eat in diabetes which are high in fiber.Now a day’s lifestyle is changed so much that even youngsters are having a problem with proper insulin working and hence the blood sugar arises.
Superfoods to eat in Diabetes:
- Apple – Eating apple once a day keeps diabetes out of the bay. It has antioxidant which keeps insulin active.It is heart healthy also.
- Asparagus – It is a very useful vegetable to lower the blood sugar under control
- Avocados – It contains good monounsaturated fatty acids that are good for health. Research also showed that the person who eats avocados in their diet are less likely to develop the type 2 diabetes. You can take avocado in a salad or in a sandwich.
- Beans – Beans is magical fruit. It is very good to control diabetes. You can use the canned beans also but make sure it is low in sodium. There are a lot of varieties of beans like red, black and kidney beans etc.
- Blueberries – It contains flavonoids, which is good for heart health. Besides, it contains a lot of good fiber, which maintains the blood sugar level in range.
- Broccoli – It is super food contains vitamin c, vitamin a and lot of antioxidants. Never overcooked it as it lost properties.
- Carrots – Consume raw carrots are very good to fight against diabetes. It contains vitamin a which is good for vision and immune system. You can consume carrot in a salad or in soup.
- Cranberries – It is very good if included in meal plan to maintain the blood sugar. It best works to clean the urinary tract.
- Citrus Fruits – Gulp the citrus fruits as it helps in lowering the blood sugar besides providing a lot of fiber and other nutrients.
- Cinnamon – Use ½ teaspoon daily to keep the blood sugar numbers in the range. Insulin becomes activated and cells get energy.
- Nuts – Nuts are the good source of fiber which helps in lowering the diabetes
- Green Tea – Green tea contains flavonoids, which is antioxidant and fight against diabetes.
- Dark Chocolate – It is helpful in the functioning of blood vessels. Eat in moderation.
- Vinegar – Take vinegar before the meal to keep diabetes under check.
- Fish – Fish is the good source of food for the person suffering from diabetes.
- Flaxseed – Flaxseed contains omega 3 fatty acid and works well in maintaining blood sugar.
- Garlic – Besides lowering the cholesterol and cancer, it works best against the blood sugar as well.
Conclusion – The list will go on as the research output comes. But it is high time for you to eat these healthy foods to stay away from deadly blood sugar diseases.