When we talk about consume protein in the diet, everybody’s first guess is meat or packed protein bottles or shakes. Everybody wants to see toned muscles in which protein is number one nutrient included in the diet. So what the people do if he does not eat meat. Is there any alternative to this?YES, plenty of options are available. There are vegetarian sources of Protein also available around us who fulfill your body needs for us.
List of best vegetarian sources of Protein:
- Greek Yogurt – It is very rich in protein and the best alternative for vegetarians. It contains around 17 grams of protein per serving and may vary from brand to brand. A lot of different flavors and varieties are available in the market. So grab and try today.
- Lentils – It contains approximately 18 gram of protein in one serving (240 ml).It contains slowly digested carbs and fiber to keep you feeling full for long durations. Additionally, it contains iron, folate, and manganese and helps in reducing heart-related diseases.
- Peanut butter – It is a very good source of protein and fulfills all needs of our body protein requirement.
- Quinoa – This ancient grain is quite famous. It contains higher protein compare to other grains. It contains best amino acid L-arginine and has heart-healthy unsaturated fats.
- Tofu – It is originated from soybeans and does not have much taste. It is the good source of protein. It also contains iron and calcium.
- Beans – Beans like chickpeas, kidney beans are legumes which are the good source of protein. These also help in lowering the cholesterol and maintain blood sugar level.
- Green Peas – It contains 9 grams of protein per servings (240ml).Besides, it is a good source of iron, zinc, and copper.
- Soy milk – Milk made from soybean is called as soymilk. This milk is fortified with other vitamins and minerals. You can use it in a variety of ways from drinking to make delicious dishes.
- Oatmeal – It contains 6 grams of protein in half servings and can be used in the variety of dishes.
- Chia seeds – It originates from Mexico. It contains a good source of protein, omega 3 fatty acids, selenium, and iron.
- Nuts – Nuts like almonds, walnuts etc. are the good source of protein too. But always keep in mind use them in moderation otherwise some health issues can start. Always eat raw to get the best benefits from nutrients.
- Vegetables – Vegetables like corn, broccoli, spinach, sweet potatoes are few names which provide the good amount of protein to our body.
- Fruits – Fruits like banana, guava are the good source of protein. Besides health, you get good tastes and natural sweetness from these fruits.
Final take away – The foods mentioned above are vegetarian Sources Of Protein. Always keep in mind that you should eat only in moderation. If you forget this fine line then some health issues can start.