As soon as the name YOGA comes, freshness comes to the mind and body. Yoga is better to compare to other therapies to treat anxiety, stress and chronic pain in the body. If you are a newbie then there are some yoga poses for beginners. You just need a mat and comfortable clothes to start with.
It is one of the best methods to detoxify the mind and feel like a new start. In yoga, poses are called as ‘ASANAS”.Start slowly in the beginning and must do warm up before starting yoga.
Why do you want to start yoga?
Identify the purpose – Before starting yoga you should be clear why you want to start it. Are you suffering from any disease, or do you want to lose weight or keep yourself physically active? If you know the purpose clear then only you choose the asanas you want to start with. After that prepare the schedule for weekdays and stick to it.
Buy mat and clothes – Buy a good mat and comfortable clothes. Sometimes you bought the VCD/CD or try to learn from youtube. But I would suggest taking some initial training from a certified instructor.
Keep Going – Initially, it seems to be difficult but when you get the momentum you definitely reach the mark. So continuity is must get the desired results.
Be Social – Make your yoga buddies. Sometimes you are not happy to learn but when you get a phone call from your friend then you again start. That is the main benefit of having a partner. Share your some snaps on your social websites to get the compliments. This, in turn, pushes you to work hard.
Yoga Poses For Beginners are mentioned below:
This is a combination of 2 poses – Cat pose (Marjaryasana) and Cow Pose (Bitilasana). Do this with synchronization with your breathe called as Vinyasa.
A procedure of Cat-Cow Pose –
- Put your hand article and knee on the yoga mat, so posture is like a table.
- Your hip should be vertical on your knees.
- Shoulder and wrist should in one straight line and parallel to knee/hip.
- Your back should be in straight position.
- Your eyes and neck are seeing towards the floor.
- Keep your shoulder in relax position. This is cat pose or table pose.
- Now move into cow pose while inhaling and do it slowly.
- Move your neck and eyes and see the roof, move chest forward.
- Allow your belly to move towards the floor.
- Now move back to cat pose while exhaling.
- Start with 5 repetitions and don’t do more than 10. Always start and end with cat pose.
Health benefits of cat-cow pose –
- Strength the spinal cord, Hips, Shoulder, and neck
- Increases the coordination between mind and movement of the body
- Massage the stomach part like kidneys
- Relieves stress and depression
Cross Leg Pose or Easy Pose
This is called as sukhasana in Hindi.
Procedure for sukhasana or cross leg pose–
- Sit on mat and cross both legs and any comfortable position.
- Keep your hand on the knees and palm should face upward direction.
- Keep your backbone as straighter as you can.
- Close your eyes and inhale slowly and steadily.
Health benefits of sukhasana –
- Relieves from Stress
- Give strength to the backbone
- Stretch knees and ankles and provides strength
This is called as balasana in Hindi.
Procedure for Child Pose or balasana–
- Spread your knees a little bit and toes touch together. Keep your hips on heels.
- Sit straight and exhale, move forward, put your stomach torso in between the thighs.
- Place chest on or in between the thigh. Your forehead should touch the ground.
- Your eyes should close and move your arm in the forward direction with palms down.
- Feel relaxed and make sure the whole body in relax mode.
- Breathe slowly and steadily.
- Repeat the above process while keeping the hand in backward direction.
Health benefits of balasana –
- Calms the mind and relieves stress
- Good for digestion
- Stretches the lower back and relieves the pain from that area
- Stretches the hip, provide strength and removes the pain
This is called as vrksasana in Hindi.
Procedure for Tree Pose or vrksasana–
- Stand straight and bring your hand to the prayer position.
- Balance your right leg and bend your left leg from knee.
- Your foot faces in an upward direction and holds for 30 seconds.
- Do the same thing with other leg and repeat
Health benefits of vrksasana –
- Stretches the legs, back, and arms very well
- Balances the mind and thus improve the concentration
- Legs become stronger and provide the balance
- Open up the hips
Downward facing dog Pose
This is also known as Adho Mukha Svanasana.
Procedure for Downward facing dog Pose –
- Make sure bend from hips, like a V shape
- Place your hand on the mat. Make sure palms is in a downward direction.
- Hands are in parallel to the shoulder
- Put your knees on the ground under your hips
- Now lift your knees and exhale
- Lift the hips towards the roof, so that V shape is formed
- Start from the palms down, arms straight, head in between the arms, straight back till hip, then bend, thighs and legs straight.
- Hold in this position for 5-10 breathes
Health benefits of Adho Mukha Svanasana –
- Strong shoulder, arms, legs, and chest
- Stretch Chest, ankle, calves, hamstring, spine and shoulder
- Calms the mind and relieves the stress
- Good for blood circulation in the body
Standing Mountain Pose
This is also known as Tadasana.
Procedure for Standing Mountain Pose –
- Stand Straight like a pencil
- Keep your chest open
- Hands at your side
- Feet on the floor
- Straight backbone
- Then you start feels sensations in your leg and you feel the difference
Health benefits of Tadasana –
- Works on every muscle
- It improves the posture and relieves back pain
- Helps in relieving the stress and improve the mind concentration
Are you doing any of the yoga poses for beginners listed above? If yes, please provide your feedback below. If no, then this is the best time to start and reach your physical goals. Also, share with your dear ones if you care for them.
Conclusion: There are a lot of yoga poses for beginners but I described only few which provides the best health benefits to the person.Start doing your yoga routine today and keep yourself healthy. What's your take from this article? Feel free to provide your feedback below.