Everybody knows that sunshine is important to our body as it produces vitamin d. Vitamin d is very important for stronger bones and a good immune system. It also used for calcium absorption in our body. There are a lot of food sources of vitamin d which provides the required quantity by the body. The required amount is 200 IU of vitamin d by our body.
Top food sources of vitamin D:
- Fish – Different types of fish like salmon and tuna provides the maximum amount of vitamin d to the human body. They are also rich in fatty acids and other nutrients.
- Mushrooms – Mushroom has the capability to absorb the sun’s ultraviolet rays thus increase the vitamin d value in it. Different type of mushrooms has a different amount of vitamin d that provides 5% to 65% of daily value.
- Whole Milk – Now a day’s packaged milk is fortified with vitamin d.
- Cod liver oil – It is the best supplement that provides a good amount of vitamin d to our body. It is obtained from codfish. So if a person says that he needs an only vegetarian source of vitamin d then it is not for him.
- Egg – You may be surprised but egg also provides the vitamin d. It is a powerhouse of a lot of vitamins needed by the human body.
- Soy Products – Soy products like milk, tofu are a good vegetarian source of vitamin d. Besides it, tofu is also a good source of protein and milk is the good source of calcium.
- Cheese – You can get it by consuming the cheese. There are plenty of ways you can consume cheese like spread it on bread, pizza, or eat directly.
- Oysters – It is one of the best seafood provides vitamin d. It contains a lot of other nutrients too.
- Packaged Orange juice – It is fortified with this vitamin. Though packaged juices should be avoided.
- Oats – It contains a lot of vitamin d, and other nutrients. Find out the nutritional value when you buy the oats.
- Cereals – Different type of cereals provide some amount of vitamin d. So next time eat with fun.
- Shrimp – Nowadays it is gaining popularity as one of the best seafood and have a good amount of vitamin d. Besides this, it contains the following vitamins – B12, E etc.
- Yogurt – Milk products like yogurt is fortified with vitamin d to increase the calcium absorption in our body.