Running is one of the best cardiovascular exercises. You can do a long run or do sprints to build up the stamina. It depends on you what is your target and lot of options are present. You just need shoes and clothes and you are ready for running. Running also give some type of minor to major injuries to the runner. So they opt for therapies or cross training to stay injury free.But most of the people do not know the hidden truth that Yoga works wonder for the runners.There are lots of health benefits of yoga for runners.
Yoga soothes the soul of the human body. It nourishes and detoxifies too and a list is endless. The person who once started yoga will never quit because of its miraculous results. But in the starting, you should take training classes under some instructor and know each and every minute details of each pose. So if you are a runner, then include yoga in your routine and see the miraculous effects.
Health benefits of yoga for runners:
- Take time to slow down – Yoga teaches how to be fully present at the moment. It gathers all power from within. It improves the brain functionality and concentration.
- Helps in meditate – Sometimes doing the same running becomes boring to the runner, but they run to achieve the target. Yoga works a wonderful job to relieve this stress. When the runner mediates, his mind becomes centric and works towards the goal.
- Helps in balance out – Most runners do only running and does not include the variety of cross training. And different exercises are required to tone up each part of the body. And yoga is the best physical activity to fill up the gap. Yoga nourishes overall body and provides strength to the whole body.
- Increase the flexibility – Practicing yoga provides the flexibility to the bones and muscles and improves the blood circulation to each part of the body. This is very beneficial to run long races without any injury.
- Stay away from diseases – Doing yoga provides the balance in the body and thus stay away from diseases like blood pressure, anxiety, blood sugar, heart diseases etc. Yoga also improves the carry of oxygen in the lungs.
Are you runner or any of your dear ones is a runner. Share this and help him to achieve the targets injury free.
Wrap Up - These are some of the points which gives basic benefits to the body. Try once and feel the difference and you see how many health benefits of yoga for runners. You can make your own list of yoga poses as per your physique. May be you have good upper body but your lower part and legs are not so strong, so you want to opt for those poses which works on your legs and hamstrings. so choose wisely to get the maximum benefits and you are good to go.