Our body needs sugar to provide fuel to the cells. If sugar level is below range then, low blood sugar level happens. Insulin is the hormone which converts the sugar into glucose in the pancreas and provides energy to the body. If there is an imbalance in the insulin hormone, then the body is not able to convert the sugar into glucose and hence the blood sugar. If blood sugar is low then the body will not perform its normal functions. Immediate treatment is required for its proper function, make changes in lifestyle and do some physical exercises.
Low blood sugar happens when sugar in the body is below required range. It is generally below 70 milligrams per deciliter (mg/dL).It is a very dangerous condition in the body. Low blood sugar is also known as hypoglycemia.
How Low Blood Sugar occurs:
- Lot of consumption of medication
- Skipping the food and meals or irregularity in eating habits
- Doing lot of exercise without proper planning
- Unhealthy lifestyle like not doing exercise or late hour sleep at night
- Drink alcohol is also one of the factors
Types of Low Blood Sugar:
- Type 1- Pancreas does not produce the insulin at all.
- Type 2 – Pancreases produce the insulin but it is not enough to convert the sugar into glucose.
Effects on Body of Low Blood Sugar:
- Hunger – You feel still hungry even after eating a lot of food.
- Anxiety- You feel anxious in low blood sugar level.
- Sleep – Your sleep disturbed many times during sleeping at night. After waking up you feel low and thinks of crying comes to your mind.
- Mood – You will see swings in your mood. You get irritated or annoyed easily at small things.
- Sweat – You sweat a lot irrespective of the climate temperature.
- Dizziness – You can faint in low blood sugar. You are not able to think and your capability of taking decision is less
- Vision – Low blood sugar effects your vision. You see blurry or double objects.
- Speech – Your decision taking capability hampers your speech. Your mind is not able to correlate with thinking and speaking. You look like as you drink alcohol.
CONCLUSION: - When any of the above symptoms is visible, then you should consult the physician. Go through some medical tests to find out your sugar level. Then doctor will recommend you some medication which you should take on time. Also you need to make proper routine and do some physical activities for your healthy life.